Kennedy Center Internship

The purpose of this blog is to track my progress and work as a Vilar Institute Intern at the Kennedy Center, in Washington, DC.

Friday, November 05, 2004

Winding down.

I was given a new project to work on when I got back on Monday. I am researching selected indivduals on the Forbes 400 list, running the "brief" briefings by Kara, and then launching some of them into full blown briefings. Its really interesting, because there is so much information on these people, and putting it all together in only a few pages of information is a real challenge. But I was happy to be given this chance to try a different list to pull names from, and ones with so much clout!

Generally, things are going well and I feel very comfortable here. The MG office is a great place for me, and I couldnt have wished for anything better.

Today I drove with Liana to go pick up a picture that was taken for Stephen A. Schwarzman (Chairman) of his name engraving in the Hall of States. I was really thrilled because it showed that I am being included in what is going on with office activites. So many things have been happening, and I cannot even begin to document every since "critical incident."

I have been thinking about the talking points Kara mentioned during our mid-semester review. I am working on my professional demeanor on the phone, and listening to others in my office in order to learn from them.

The Presidential Election is taking up most of the news, so not much to report on that front (at least I got a ballot).