Kennedy Center Internship

The purpose of this blog is to track my progress and work as a Vilar Institute Intern at the Kennedy Center, in Washington, DC.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Thank God it's THURSDAY!

Ok, so let's try this again! This will be my second time writing this, because the first time was unsuccessful.

This week has been really good. I'm using one of my day's off tomorrow, and Adam and I are going to NC for the weekend. It'll be really relaxing, and I am going for an interview at Lees Mc Cray College to be a stage manager for the summer. We'll see how it goes!

I really dont have too much to write about. The Mark Twain Awards were on Monday night, and they were incredible! I actually got to sit down in a permanent seat the entire time and enjoy all the celebrities and Paul Simon performing live. It was an awsome experience, and I'm really glad I took advantage of the opportunity.

Work has been going well. I've been making a bunch of phone calls to other arts organizations, asking for their annual reports. This has been a good chance to me to work on my phone demeanor and make sure that I present myself as a professional working adult!

In the news, the Mark Twain Prize had a great write up in the Post. In the New York Times, there was an article about American Ballet Theatre, and how there has to be a ton of financial cuts, including eliminating a recently scheduled tour. This is to ensure the stability of the company in the future.